If you’re a citizen or a permanent resident and if looking for a career change that is both challenging and fulfilling, join Singapore’s leading independent, non-government organisation of HIV experts.
AFA dedicates it’s mission to fighting AIDS/HIV infection in Singapore. It draws upon a network of healthcare professionals, advocates, educators and volunteers, to implement educational, testing, treatment and welfare programmes.
We will not be able to achieve our mission from individuals. It takes an entire team united behind something big.
Together, we are Doing it Better.
Job Scope and Description
MSM Programme Coordinator (Full Time)
The Employee’s scope of work shall be as follows:
- Help recruit and train volunteers.
- Outreach at Saunas, Bars/Clubs, and smartphone apps/social network sites to all MSM community on HIV/AIDS/STIs and to promote testing.
- Assist with HIV/STIs and Harm reduction workshops
- Provide social gatherings and partner agencies targeting youth under 29 years old
- Maintain gayhealth.sg website with relevant articles and keep statistical analysis for report
- Gather knowledge (e.g Public Health, surveys) and evidence (research, analysis) to support programme development, planning and implementation.
- Provide weekly support for Pink Carpet Service (ATS) to the MSM community
- Continue to build working relationship with partner agencies and stakeholders
- Assist the MSM Programme Manager to deliver campaign deliverables
- Assist AFA/MSM Programme organise World AIDS Day (WAD) event to increase awareness of HIV/AIDS
(II) Working Hours:
The working hours will be Monday to Friday, from 0900 to 1800 hours and occasionally on weekends and/or on project and events basis.
(III) Rights and Obligations of the Employee:
The rights and obligations of the Contract Employee are strictly in accordance to the terms and conditions of this Employment Contract Agreement. Where applicable and accordingly, the employee shall be entitled to all rights, benefits, AWS and CPF Payout as expressly provided in the Employee Handbook. The Contract Employee is entitled to 18 days of annual leave and 14 days of sick leave per year. If any provisions of the Employee’s Handbook at any time of conflicts with any two provisions of this Agreement, the provisions of this Agreement shall prevail and supersede the provisions of the Employee’s Handbook.
(IV) Settlement of Dispute:
The Employment Contract Agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Republic of Singapore. Unless agreed otherwise, all disputes arising in any way out of affecting this Supplementary Agreement shall be subject to the exclusion jurisdiction of the courts of the Republic of Singapore to which the parties hereto agree irrevocably to summit.
During the probation period, both parties can terminate this contract by giving one week’s written notice to the other party. After confirmation of employment, both parties can terminate the contract by giving one month’s written notice to the other party.
All job applicants would be deemed to have given full consent to the collection, use or disclosure of personal data as a condition of pre-employment, under Personal Data Protection Act. Job applications received after the closing date will be removed and deleted from AfA’s databases.