What R U Into

“In an effort to stay as authentic as possible, we worked to create images that were an accurate depiction of the community,” Jackson says in a release. “To connect the mobile message with the L.A. LGBT Center’s new West Hollywood location, we shot all of the images at popular West Hollywood LGBT hotspots. We also used models who were a part of the LGBT community and represented the demographics that use these dating apps.”

What’s wrong with being different?

Once he wrote a note to me. He wrote, “Mom you have to rescue me” “They want to beat me”. I was so angry that I went to the school to argue. Because I called the teacher several times they never paid attention to it at all.

21 Honest Confessions of PLHIV

Homophobia, stigma, and discrimination can be especially hard for young men who are gay, bisexual, and other men who have sex with men. These negative attitudes increase their chance of experiencing violence, especially compared with other students in their schools. Violence can include behaviours such as bullying, teasing, harassment, physical assault, and suicide-related behaviours.

Building an LGBT-friendly workplace

Singapore is estimated to have about 350,000 LGBT (Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender) individuals, in a new study – information enough to build a business case for employers to create environments inclusive for all employees and customers of all types.

A team of students from Singapore Management University studied current business and HR practices of LGBT-inclusive workplaces, and identified steps to create diverse and inclusive workplaces.

New treatment

Genoya was developed particularly for people with HIV who have experienced side effects like bone loss and kidney problems on other HIV meds, or poz people who had those issues prior to starting HIV treatment

Asia gay pride Taiwan 2015

Tens of thousands marched in the capital city of Taipei, to mark the country’s 13th annual Taiwan LGBT Pride.Nearly 80,000 supporters waved flags and placards, including some calling for marriage equality in downtown Taipei.

To PrEP or not to PrEP

To take PrEP or not to take PrEP? That is the question; the question that’s trending among gay men, me included, who are still learning about the breakthrough medication.PrEP is not a silver bullet to eradicate the epidemic, but it is considered to be effective to fight back the worrying statistics

Same-sex parenting

Did you know that studies show that same-sex parents focus 3.5 hours a day on their children whereas 2.5 hours a day with different-sex parents?
Developing confidence and self-esteem are skills LGBT people can thrive at, making them well-placed to help a child who needs to make sense of their place in the world

Why younger gay guys are not getting tested?

Study after study shows gay guys under 25 are not hearing, or worse not heeding, campaigns to protect their sexual health. As they discover and explore their sexuality, they are statistically at the highest risk for HIV of anyone in the U.S. While researchers work on innovative ways to reach younger guys, even already positive younger guys are less likely to have the virus in check when they get it, and more likely to go bareback.

childhoodbullying

The usual names – faggot, queer, poof. I think I just laughed it off and walked away. I became the class clown in school… that was my defence, it was my escape.